Wednesday 26 June 2024

Glacier Photography: Capturing the Majestic Beauty of Hidden Ice Cathedrals


(A photo of the aforementioned spot, taken on the way back. The wind was fierce up there.) What is your greatest experience that no one else knows about? Last weekend, I returned to the glacier I had photographed the previous year. I had heard whispers of an ice cave, unknown to me until now, and felt compelled to seek it out. The conditions were perfect. The temperature had plummeted well below freezing, and it hadn’t snowed for some time. The path across the glacier to the cave was clear, and the avalanche risk was relatively low. With snowshoes on my feet and a heavy backpack on my shoulders, I trudged […] The post Glacier Photography: Capturing the Majestic Beauty of Hidden Ice Cathedrals appeared first on LIFE on the PLANET LADAKH.

source https://lifeontheplanetladakh.com/blog/glacier-photography-majestic-hidden-ice-cathedrals

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...